Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing NEC nlt-32xt2 lcd tv - diode id

abaddonxi

Feb 12, 2011
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some help.

I'm repairing the power supply on my flatscreen and can't identify the offending diode. I'm only up to the skill level of working out which component looks burnt and replacing it, and this one has me stumped.

The diode is marked d508 on the board and has the letters, RUIP EADA ,written on it. I've done a fair bit of looking but can't find anything that might match with my limited skills.

The lozenge cap in the larger pic is also toasted - 474J 400v

Thanks
Simon

Pics-

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why did you think there was something wrong with that diode?

Do you have a multimeter? Can you check the resistance in both directions?

And why do you think the capacitor looks "toasted"?

abaddonxi

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

Oops. Should've tested the diode earlier, but only had the how to up this evening. MM says it's working.

I was going on the brown and crispy solder joints on the back of the pcb. They only looked bad on the diode and the cap on the other side of the board. From the front they don't have that fried look.

Think I'll clean up the solder joints and see what I can see.

Cheers
Simon

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Solder joints are rarely affected by faults. If there is any problem with solder joints, the typical repair is to simply touch the joint with a hot soldering iron (may need a little more than this if the joint was so poor that the component lead was able to corrode)

Brown crispy looking stuff near solder joints is normally flux that has not been cleaned off. It *may* be an indication the part has been replaced in the past though.

abaddonxi

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for that.

Works fine on external source, TV tuner has vertical ghost lines and not looking too crisp, so I guess I'll be looking further.