Connect with us

Repairing an ECIG MOD!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Wrencher, Nov 12, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Wrencher

Wrencher

Nov 12, 2017
    I am repairing an E-cig mod and i have a question about the wiring config. I am trying to figure out what is what and what goes where :)

Do anyone know what is the small metal square on the chip? It seems like it is an inductor??
    i have completed all the welds except this white wire on the picture i am not sure where it must be weld. The wire is 90 bent and it has a perfectly round corner groove under the actual weld. Seems like it should go on the top right side of the metal square? But omg makes no sense.
    but i cannot fail because it can be a dangerous hazard with 2 18650 lithium high drain batteries!

200W chip.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Never seen any data or pictures of the insides of e-cig devices so you're pretty much on your own here!

The area in the pic seems to be where that wire has pulled loose from - I don't like the look of the circuit board under it (looks like it has 'burned' its way off the board...) and, as you say, messing with 18650 current levels isn't to be trifled with.

SUSPICIOUS.png

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yes it is an inductor

Ask a Question