Connect with us

Repairing a Premier Health Products PHP 2026 / 2027 Massage Chair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by desertrider, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    Welcome! It's very simple once you get the part. Just follow the steps above and it works fine. Before you do anything, make sure it's unplugged. Again, "I'm not an electrician, I had a friend who knows how to use a meter wire this, so I claim no responsibility. Mine works 100%." Just follow the steps like Robert did above.

2. Grandpow

Grandpow

Apr 27, 2018
    Greetings,
    I have the PHP-2027 Air Massage Chair.
    The unit powers up but I can"t get the any of the functions to work, like raising legs or massage etc.
    I do hear relays clicking but no motors.
    How do I get to box that houses electronics, or is there a reset fusing system or ???

3. Grandpow

Grandpow

Apr 27, 2018
    I was told that the problem is a 24 volt transformer at 220.00.
    Any feed back would be appreciated.
    Grandpow

4. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    Grandpow, please see the first page of this thread where I (NOt the original POSTs, look for my posts) list the part number and part you need. It’s exactly what you need. The armrests are held by two bolts that are figure tightened. Remove the bolts and lift up on the armrests, they will slide up and off. Then you’ll see a black plastic box under the chair. Open it by removing screws, and replace the toroidal transformer. That seems to be the issue with these chairs. Unplug before doing anything of course. —kevin

5. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    and sorry for my typos, geez.

6. Anthrax

Anthrax

Jun 8, 2018
    This is the best thread I have found for fixing my PHP 2026. However, I have more of a mechanical problem. The actuator that raises and lowers the back of the chair is grinding. The actuator functions - the motor is fine - but there is a delryn worm gear inside that is worn down and slipping. I cannot find a worm gear to match anywhere and I cannot find the same motor online anywhere. Anyone with any great ideas would be appreciated.

7. dhoodlet

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
    i have the PHP2026. I have no power going to the chair. This happened 6 years ago and they sent me the PHP 2026 24v transformer. Now they they are not in business, where cab I get one?

8. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    I found everything I needed at Mouser Electronics, see my prior posts (in this thread page 1 ), they may help you.

9. dhoodlet

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
    Thank you for the reply. I replaced the transformer per this forum and still no power. Any other thoughts??? PHP 2026

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  10. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    You probably want to get someone to test the motherboard... are you educated in electronics where you could test things yourself? You could through many a new part at it before getting success :) but a diagnosis/test would probably benefit you.

11. dhoodlet

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
    Thanks, I will try to find someone test it. Not sure how much I am willing to spend on this since the company is out of business.

12. Stanford6575

Stanford6575

Nov 24, 2018
    Do you know where I can purchase a replacement rounded transformer for the PHP-2026?

13. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    Stanford6575, I purchased the Toroidal transformer from Mouser Electronics, part# 553-VPT48-5200 which is 112mm in diameter and has a power rating of 250VA. It fits fine by moving it a little bit. Chair now works! See some of my original posts on this thread for photos and other's comments. Good luck!

14. Stanford6575

Stanford6575

Nov 24, 2018
    Just received the toroidal transformer. Connected the four input wires. The output wires are Yellow AC 42.3V, orange AC 30.6V, Red AC 43.1v and black AC 31.2V. I don't see a black wire in your pictures? Looks like the orange and yellow connect to the two blue wires. Does it matter which blue wire goes to the yellow or orange? I see the red wire goes to one of the yellow wires, does the black wire go to the other yellow wire?

The manual says both blue wires and both yellow wires should be AC 24.8 V

Thanks,

Jim

15. Pahrumptom

Pahrumptom

Dec 8, 2018
    anybody have a copy of User Manual PHP 2027/2026

16. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    I was able to find one online... but can't recall where it was.

17. Pahrumptom

Pahrumptom

Dec 8, 2018
    Please let Me know if You ever find it..Thanks Tom

kevin buickerood likes this.
  18. kevin buickerood

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
    Here ya go.

Attached Files:

19. Pahrumptom

Pahrumptom