Connect with us

Repairing a DC power supply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jkm89, May 19, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jkm89

jkm89

May 19, 2013
    Greetings,

I recently purchased a few surplus HP 6266B DC power supplies: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PGBiDn3ahCd-rQ7YPOqryHw&bvm=bv.46751780,d.cGE
    Some of them work, but others are exhibiting relatively strange behavior. One of them does not work at all, (no voltage is produced), and another one has a voltage, but the voltage increases very slowly. If I turn it up to its highest setting, It takes several minutes to get up to half of its max voltage.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I was thinking about changing out some of the capacitors, because I feel like they would be the most likely to fail. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I would follow the instructions for troubleshooting the device.

If that doesn't show anything, start at the secondary of the mains transformer and work forward checking voltages.

You've got a full schematic and HP gear was generally very well built.

If it does turn out to be a capacitor problem you may be able to see that when you open it up.

Ask a Question