Connect with us

Repair of LG L1900 monitor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by xultimatex, Jun 7, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. xultimatex

xultimatex

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi, I have to repair an LG 1900 monitor
    A photo of the screen.
    The problems are that it cannot power up, and the panel blinks. I thought its a "classic" faulty-capacitor-on-power-supply-board problem and I opened it.

The strange thing is that i couldn't find a faulty capacitor. Actually I couldn't find any capacitor like this that I would expect:
    photo

I only found a bunch of these ones:
    photo

Maybe it doesn't have a "normal" power supply board because it has DC power supply! Does anyone have any advice?

-Sorry if it is a rookie question, I am still learning!

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there,
    welcome to Electronics Point

well regardless of the style of the electrolytic capacitor, if they are faulty, chances are they would be bulging or even split open

how about some photos, sharp and well lit, of the circuit board(s) inside the monitor
    one of us may see a problem that you overlooked :)

cheers
    Dave

3. xultimatex

xultimatex

Jun 7, 2013
    Ok here are the two boards in the monitor. In my opinion neither one seems like the power supply boards that i have found on the net or in other monitors. The first one gets the power from the power cord (black slots at the top) and gives to the panel and to a red LED. The panel and the LED are blinking in the same way so i suppose this is the problematic board.
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
Ask a Question