Connect with us

Removed anode from my SCR

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jackorocko, Feb 29, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    Why would they cut off the anode pin on a SCR? Would make sense if the tab was electrically connected to the anode, but I looked at the datasheet and I didn't see where it stated this.

http://cs.utsource.net/goods_files/pdf/22/22042_STMICROELECTRONICS_BTW69N1200.pdf

edit: well the MM reassures me that my assumption the tab is electrically connected to the anode is true. The SCR is rated for 200V, wouldn't it be a pretty dumb idea to charge a heatsink to 200V??? Seems like when they cut off the anode, they limited the scope of this SCR to 40V or less to keep it rather safe.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    If you look at the datasheet, top of page 3

you will see that there 2 versions BTW69 - insulated and BTW69N uninsulated

If you have the xxx69N version then the anode is connected to the tab and the tab will be soldered/bolted to the PCB for both heatsinking and anode operation :)

Dave

Ask a Question