Connect with us

remove led from uln2003 driver

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by camilozk, Nov 12, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. camilozk

camilozk

Apr 20, 2014
    For a project which includes steppers, I am using uln2003 drivers. They have 4 indicative leds that I would like to remove. I am assuming I cannot simply remove them, but I have to replace them with resistors, right? and the resistance of the resistor has to be the same as what I measure to be the resistance of the led?

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    There are no LEDs in the LN2003. There are diodes, but those are there to prevent damage to the IC from voltage spikes generated when inductive loads (relays, stepper motors etc) are being switched off.

3. camilozk

camilozk

Apr 20, 2014
    I am pretty sure there are 4 leds in the boards that I am using.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Just remove them.

5. camilozk

camilozk

Apr 20, 2014
    ok. perhaps an explaination of why I can just remove them and everything remains working correctly will help me to not only sort out this immediate request, but also will help me to understand these systems better and not have to scream for help every time I must take such a desicion. thank you in advance

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Without a schematic, we cannot say for sure, but, in all likelihood, they are simply connected to the outputs as indicators and serve no other purpose.

Bob

7. camilozk

camilozk

Apr 20, 2014
    alright, thanks!

8. camilozk

camilozk

Apr 20, 2014
    confirmed!

Ask a Question