Connect with us

Remote control

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by RAObY, Oct 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. RAObY

RAObY

Oct 24, 2012
    Hi All
    first of all my knowledge of electronics is little to none It is out of desperation I registered to Electronics Point, having read some of the discussions it is obvious that there is a lot of expertise out there. We work with special needs children designing and installing sensory play areas to different specs and to suit the ability of the childs disability. most of our products be it bubble tubes, fibre optics star ceilings or projectors are usually remote controlled either RF or IR. We would like to build remote controls with big buttons so that even the most disabled of the kids can change the colours on the fibre optics or the bubble tubes. can anybody out there draw me a schematic for a remote control that can change between 8 colours rd,green, blue ,yellow, orange, light blue, pink, white and usually dark blue, or tell me where to go to have this drawn. We are based in Dublin. Thanks in advance
    RAObY

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    If you already have a remote for it, your best bet is to just put it in a box with a big button, and connect that button the one one on the remote.

Bob

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    I would go with IR, there are over the counter 'learning' IR remotes, so it's just a matter of programming that remote tot the codes you need...

Now if you are inquiring about the receiver, we would need a lot more info on the devices being driven... There are some over the counter IR options out there, that might work then you just need to swap the remote, or else a custom solution could be designed but that is MUCH more involved...

Ask a Question