Connect with us

remote buzzer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by magicden, Apr 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. magicden

magicden

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi just looking for some advice, is there anywhere I can purchase a remote control buzzer?
    I have a remote control light that I have attached to a piece of board so that I can have someone hold it and press the light on with the remote, I would like a buzzer sound at t he same time but the only thing that i can find is a remote doorbell and the sounds are terrible and go on too long.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

PS I am an entertainer who builds props and just need some help to figure a way of doing this.
    Den

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Find a matching voltage buzzer and wire it parallel to the light... They will both go on at that same time now...

3. magicden

magicden

Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks for your reply cocacola, to be honest I am not into electronics at all just looking for a solution to this and what you suggest sounds easy, Just find a way to wire the buzzer, which I take it I can buy from maplins and connect it to the light. I will try to find someone who knows a wee bit about electronics to have a go for me.
    Thanks again
    Den

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    What voltage is the light?

5. magicden

magicden

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi again. It runs off of 4 as batteries if that helps and the remote has a 12v a23 battery. If you do a search for illumin8 wireless remote brite light that will be the exact model. Thanks again. Den

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Can you remove the cover and take a picture of the bulbs/lights and maybe crack it open and take some pictures of the insides? If so I (or someone else) can show you were you need to wire the buzzer...

As for the buzzer, it's a guess on the sound when you purchase online but since you are in the UK Maplin would be a good start, they have several small buzzers that will work... I'm guessing from experience the sound will be anywhere from a smoke detector chirp, to a low growl...

Like this one for example...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/round-buzzer-3215

Yeah I know it says 6V but the specs say it will operate at 4 so you are good to go...

And some more...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearch?criteria=buzzer

7. magicden

magicden

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi and thanks for all of your replies. I purchased a buzzer 6v from maplin and connected the red and black wire to the light and it works great. Thanks again
    Den

Ask a Question