Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Remembering that I like electronics

Ford5of5

Jan 8, 2016
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm from Massachusetts in the US. I made my first circuit with a Radioshack kit back in the 80's; it was just a 9v batt, switch and lamp but a lot of fun. I've played around with automotive electronics over the years as car restoration and modding is a big hobby of mine. I'm a contractor by trade and have some experience with household wiring and repairing appliances. I've made a few customers for life by upgrading their 1950's heating systems with modern components. The irony of that is actual electricians and heating technicians didn't even want to attempt the project, but called me to find out how I did it. All I did was find modern components to replace old, custom-made ac/dc fans, an old switching station and old fashion rheostats. I also added sound deadening sheeting because these systems were made of sheetmetal and had rattles. I must admit that I had to lean on Google to make sure the components would work together and not burn things up.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Chris, welcome to EP. Sounds like you have some good experience. Hope you will use this to help others. Welcome aboard.
Adam