Connect with us


Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by humbleFunGuy, Aug 22, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. humbleFunGuy

    humbleFunGuy Guest

    I need a relay to switch 110AC using 24VDC. It should be normally
    open. I get confused looking at all the specs. What kind of relay do
    I need? Is SPDT the right type?

    Any help and links to source is greatly appreciated. I am looking for
    some place I can buy these in very small quantity.

  2. Sure, SPDT or SPST with a 24VDC coil and contacts rated at 110VAC at
    whatever current you require. has a good selection guide.
  3. Digikey has an excelent online catalog that allows you to input the
    needed specs and it spits the part numbers back at you. try here:
    for power relays. what you want is a coil voltage of 24vDC coil rating,
    and a 15-25A contact rating. SPDT vs SPST depends on your aplication:
    i.e. if you are switching the voltage from one device to another, use
    SPDT if it's just an on/off switch you need, go with SPST.

    Mike Matthews
  4. However, SPDT relays are much more common than SPST, and can be used
    for either normally open or normally closed contacts (or both.)

    Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
    peterbb4 (at)
    new newsgroup users info :
    GPS and NMEA info:
    Vancouver Power Squadron:
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day