Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Relay & Horn

AnotherUser

Aug 24, 2012
We've had this wired up in the past but I forget how it was done and some things came apart. We have a simple 12v horn and relay. The relay is a KUMP 7D58-12. Here (http://imgur.com/a/dtBFo) are some pictures of how I think it should be wired. I don't want to try anything before I have it checked so that's my question.

If I missed something in there that needs explained, let me know.

abuhafss

Aug 3, 2010
It seems your vehicle has positive ground electrical system.
Apparently, it seems correct connection. To be on the safe side, you can simply replace the horn with an auto bulb to test the connections.

AnotherUser

Aug 24, 2012
Apparently, it seems correct connection. To be on the safe side, you can simply replace the horn with an auto bulb to test the connections.
This is actually a golf cart, the power is coming off of a 48v>12v converter.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
How can you tell if it is a positive ground vehicle just by looking at how the switch is installed?
The switch provides ground for the relay, which is common on negative ground vehicles, and the relay breaks the negative side of the horn. The circuit could go either way... but best practices would put a fuse in line to protect against any shorts regardless of the wiring scheme. Just be sure that the horn does not have a metal mounting bracket that is electrically connected to the wrong lead.