Connect with us

Reg voltage convertor

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by sunil, Jun 18, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. sunil

    sunil Guest

  2. mc

    mc Guest

    Yes. India has 240 volts. You will need a transformer (probably best
    bought in India) that converts 240 to 120 volts and can handle 200 watts.
    That will not be cheap. Better yet, check with the vendor and see if they
    can supply a 240-volt version of their product. Or, if their product
    contains nothing but heating elements, a cheaper rectifier-type converter
    might work; they should be able to advise.
  3. mc

    mc Guest

    Looking at it -- it's apparently just a heating pad, and the cheaper type of
    converter (the kind that is for "lights, heating elements, and resistive
    loads") should work.

    But can't you buy heating pads in India? Or buy a British one?
  4. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    The Standard product is 14" x 27". Why not buy two Medium products
    (14" x 14") and wire them in series?

    It'll cost you $120 instead of $75, but that should be cheaper than a
    200VA transformer.

    - Franc Zabkar
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day