Maker Pro
Maker Pro

redundant circuitry

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
I know this might sound a bit strange and off topic maybe....
I was looking at my motorcycle TCI and it utilizes redundant conditions to guarentee the spark fires at the right point in the timing.
It might be pseudo op like this-

If the pressure in the vacuum is low
If the signal from the crank is high
if the power in the coil is charged
then fire the coil to the plug

If the pressure in the vacuum is high
If the signal from the crank is low
If the coil is not charged
don't fire the coil to the plug

Thats only 6 sends, and 3 tests for each set... all I really need is a common cause that all the plugs need to fire, and I can compare the conditions to this to make it hit on each cylinder at the right time.

36 tests in 2 revolutions
4 hits.... in 4 revolutions

At 10,000 rpms that is 20,000(36)=720,000 tests a minute. that is way to fast for a 12v electronic brain! 12000 tests a second.... again... way to fast for my megahertz, so redundancy---

it only has to fire when the conditions are right--- 10000/4=2500 times a minute.
25mhz- Now the engine is going to go slower than that sometimes....well almost always---
So if the 25mhz is to fast, we will need a frequency stepdown converter of sorts to guarentee the system doesn't start skipping firing conditions.

lets say a backwards 25mhz antenna, that moves up or down the scalar with the tach....

Now there you have a fully functional solid state TCI platform...!!! Or a radio controlled rpm meter....a freqtach engine timing redundancy.
Glad I got that off my chest...!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
2500 times per minute is about 42Hz, not 25000000Hz.