Connect with us

rectifier

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by imlookingforsomehelp, Oct 18, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. imlookingforsomehelp

imlookingforsomehelp

Oct 18, 2010
    Hello.

Before I start writing about my problem, I would like to say, that i'm not english and i don't know the typical

electronics names in english language, so sorry for all mistakes that I will make . I will be also pasting some

pictures to let you know what I'm talking about. If I'm writing this in wrong section please move it to

another one.

So, well , I'm looking for some help with a report (kind of homework). It's about rectifier , which looks like

that [​IMG] Wej means -input , wyj - output.

I was doing measurements at school using oscilloscope , function generator and frequency meter. The

oscilloscope has about 10%. accuracy.
    Below are the parameters that I've received:

1.Harmonic Voltage UTR =13V
    2.Voltage rectified by the rectifier U1 = 13V . 200Hz (translating on english from my language it would be

like voltage rectified by the rectifier one-half. It gets results that looks like

[​IMG])
    3.Voltage rectified by the rectifier 'two-half" U2=12,5 V , 400Hz ( it gets results like

this[​IMG] )
    4. Volage U1S – stabilized U1 byRC circuit 8,8V (constant) , 0.075V(variable)
    5. Voltage U2S - stabilised U2 by RC circuit 10V(constant) , 0,04V (variable)

Unfortunately i didn't get frequency fot the last two , so i can only guess what it should be.

I had to check the voltages shapes when the generator gives triangular and rectangular voltage.

In the report I have to :

1. make a graph when the generator gives sinusoidal ,riangular and rectangular voltage ( the last two I didnt

check )

2 Calculate the average and effective voltages value Utr , U1 , U2 for rectifier one-half and two-half.

Mistakes Estimate by the total differential method.

3. Compare the caltulated average voltages values of U1 , U2 with the measured constant components U1S ,

U2S. Explain whe the variable components appeared.

4.Calculate the efficiency of the voltage and the ripple factor for both of the rectifier (one-half and

one-two). Mistakes estimate by the total differential method.

That's all. I hope this is readable and someone will help me! It's very important for me. And sorry for the

mistakes I made:)

I will appreciate if someone can help me , especially on msn.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    2) The correct term in English is "half-wave rectification". You can imagine that those gaps are where the lower half of the sine (harmonic?) wave that is your source.

3) The correct term in English is "full-wave rectification". You can imagine that the lower half of each sine wave is (sort of) folded up to fit in the gaps that you saw in (2).

3. imlookingforsomehelp

imlookingforsomehelp

Oct 18, 2010
    Ok, I dont know much about electronics so i need alot of help . I have to asnwer those questions but i dont even know how to start

Ask a Question