Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Recommend a Reliable Online Parts Store?

John Mossbacher

Jun 25, 2014
Hello, I'm new to the game and am shopping for a trustworthy supplier of all parts, electronic. Does anyone have a good reference for me? Free shipping would be a fantastic plus but my main desire is to find a store that carries it all, down to resistors, wires, and transformers, ect. up to motors and fully assembled computers that perform various tasks large and small.

Thank you for your help and I'm happy to be a new member of the community.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi John and welcome to the Electronics Point forums :)

AFAIK Digikey and Mouser have the widest selection of components. After that, Element 14 / Newark / Farnell, and RS Components. None of them have free shipping.

For motors, try robotics sites, although component suppliers (including Jameco) are tapping that market. For assembled units, perhaps try Black Box?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I don't know. But I know who does... He's called Google :)

John Mossbacher

Jun 25, 2014
Haha yes thanks I have heard of Google and found several places. I was looking for reccomendations though. Thanks for the other sites.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
I don't know where you are based,but in the UK I tend to shop at different places for different things. For basic components I tend to use bitsbox.co.uk as their prices are good and delivery is normally next day at low cost. Farnell is good, but to get free delivery (always next day courier) you need to spend more than £20. I also use RS Components and Rapid. When it gets to motors, I tend to look on Ebay as the UK suppliers charge excessively high prices, in the region of 3 to 4 times the Chinese ebay sellers charge, but delivery is normally weeks rather than days.