Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rechargeable LED light panel

wopachop

Jul 22, 2012
Hi everyone i did a search for an electronics forum and found this place woohoo!!! I have been having lots of fun building simple little LED light panels out of LED flexible strips. Some plug into AC/DC adapters and others i run off 3cell Lipoly Batteries from a little foam RC plane i have.

I would really like to learn how to build my own rechargeable circuit. It would be so cool to buy a very small 12volt 3cell lipo. Instead of using my big battery charger i want to simply have a small AC/DC adapter that plugs into a barrel connection and charges automatically. Similar to how i charge my transmitter radio. Just plug it in overnight and its good to go. I have read that the charging voltage is so low that you can leave it plugged in overnight and it will not overcharge the battery.

I really enjoy soldering and building things. I thought about buying a rechargeable LED flashlight and removing the guts. But that takes out a lot of the fun. So i came here hoping to learn just what parts i would need to build it myself.

Any advice or links to info would be really appreciated. I worked as an electrician for years but i have very little knowledge of circuit boards and resistors. But i think i could pick it up pretty quick.

With a legend and maybe a few questions i should be able to understand a circuit diagram.

Here is an example of a light with a watt meter hooked up to give an idea of the amp draw. For fun i would make different size light panels. This one is 0.5 amps from a 12volt source.

Thanks for reading and any info :D

Attachments

• 2012-07-21 18.33.02.jpg
    2012-07-21 18.33.02.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 172