Maker Pro
Maker Pro

real world applications and explanations

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
i know that electronics cover a vast majority of applications but is there somewhere that shows the schematics and describes the function of each component in plain english?
i give the example of a capacitor, it can be used for a few different things from storing electricity to filtering out dc signals. is there anywhere that shows both of these examples in a circuit? most books i know try not to overcomplicate things and describe one component at a time. but this can be problematic as real world applications aren't made of a battery a wire and a capacitor alone.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
once you have a reasonable understanding of the basics of a component, whatever it is... resistor, capacitor, diode etc The experience that then comes with being able to read more and more complex circuits and identifying
Now even tho I have been at electronics for many many years , I am no expert.

but lets look at a cct with a number of caps in it and see if you can identify what you think the purpose of each one is :)

Took a while to find a cct that wasnt too complex but had a good variation of caps and uses :)

attachment.php

lets just look at a few of the many caps in here, all playing their part in the cct.

1) There are 2 different caps off the +V supply, what do they do and why the different values?

2) The 33pF cap between the 2 transistors, what's its purpose ?

3) The 1nF on the output of the BRF93 transistor

4) The 2 x 60pF variable caps either side of L3 before the antenna ...

cheers
Dave

Attachments

• basicFMTX.gif
    basicFMTX.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 468