Connect with us

Real Time camera feed to android via wi-fi

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tanmay90, Jul 16, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tanmay90

tanmay90

Jul 16, 2012
    Hi guys,
    I have a small camera which records video and clicks pics, and by small i mean TINY camera. Is there a way I can make it transmit live feed to my android phone? Or to my PC via Wi-Fi? I want to put it in a small rc helicopter(indoor). Its a project for my school.

Thanks!

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Sure! But the equipment needed to maintain a wireless connection to the internet may be somewhat larger than your camera.

I would advise a wireless link, because a cable may be inconvenient.

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
  4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah, bluetooth will be fine as long as you stay within range. Just beware that some bluetooth devices require you stay within a couple of metres, others extend that up to 100m, but it does depend on the devices on each end.

5. tanmay90

tanmay90

Jul 16, 2012
    Nice. Could you suggest any other similar type of equipment? I really dont need the headset part... Just a camera maybe? or camera + mic

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Hit up Google and start searching, besides the headset shaped housing and a small ear speaker (that can both be removed) what I linked to has what you want... Your choices are going to be limited, unless you have lots to spend... If you have the funds you can get it all in a complete package...

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/select-site

7. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    the other option that is sneaky but adds a bit of weight is use another wifi enabled phone or ipod... download an app like ipcam and enjoy. depending on size of your helicopter though this might not be an option, as even 100grams can make most lighter helis stop lifting off.

Ask a Question