Connect with us

Reading data sheet

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by OffGrid-on-Rocker, Dec 16, 2014.

1. OffGrid-on-Rocker

OffGrid-on-Rocker

Sep 11, 2014
    http://datasheet.octopart.com/HAS-200-S-LEM-datasheet-14434014.pdf

I have a HAS-200-S current transducer . What should I expect for a voltage reading with dc current of 100 amps from pin 3 ? I am having trouble understanding. Thanks

VOUT Output voltage (Analog)@ ± IPN, RL = 10 kΩ, TA = 25°C ± 4V ± 40 mVOutput voltage (Analog) @ ± IPN

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    You should get 2.0 V with 100 A going through it, polarity of output depending on direction of current. Make sure you provide + and - 15 V DC well-filtered and regulated power to it. Note Ipn (nominal primary current) is only 1/3 the maximum full-scale current of 600 A, and the linearity spec is based on that Ipn value. This is a linear device that probably becomes somewhat non-linear as you approach full-scale current, which current (600 A) should produce ±12 V with ±15 V power applied. Also, you need at least a minimum of 10 kΩ load resistance to measure full-scale currents. You may use 1 kΩ load resistor for currents up to Ipn.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. OffGrid-on-Rocker

OffGrid-on-Rocker

Sep 11, 2014
    Thank you.

Ask a Question