Connect with us


Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Ian Stirling, Apr 3, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ian Stirling

    Ian Stirling Guest

    How regulated?
    Do you care about efficiency?
  2. Tiscali

    Tiscali Guest

    I wonder if anyone can help me with a schematic of a Voltage doubler from
    12V dc to 24V dc. I have seen one in a Electronic mag a long time ago. It
    used 2 transistors which oscillated, and 2 1N4007 and a cap. I only need
    100mA at 24V dc at the output. Please if anyone can help, I would greatly
    appreciate it, thanks.

  3. Roland

    Roland Guest

    Because of diode drops you wont get 24V from 12V. You will need 2 stages.
    Also 100mA is quite high for a cap doubler. You will need big 1000uF -
    2200uF Caps.

    You may want to try a flyback circuit. Lots of noise though. I use the
    MC34063 for apps like this.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day