Connect with us

RCA TV - F32665 - horizontal band across screen

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by captain, Aug 17, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. captain

    captain Guest

    Woke up this morning put on the TV to watch the news and all I got was
    a narrow band going across the screen. Its a horizontal band
    strectching across the entire screen. I can see it change colors as if
    the picture was just squashed down to the small 1/4" high band. The TV
    is about 4 to 5 years old, its a 32" RCA. Any ideas as to what might be
    wrong with it?

    I have heard from another forum that it might be the "vertical chip",
    but im not quite sure what that is?

    Thanks in advance

  2. kip

    kip Guest

    Its a CTC203 best pull out chassis and check all soldering for bad
    connections first.
    Pull out choke connected to Hor Out Transistor clean off glue on choke and
    in the holes.
    Then reinsert...
    May have to ESR the filter caps in the Vertical section.

  3. captain

    captain Guest

    thanks for the quick response Kip. Do you know anywhere on the internet
    i can download the schematic for this TV. I plan on working on it over
    the weekend.

    Thanks again
  4. kip

    kip Guest

    No! Sorry
  5. If you're not quite sure what the vertical chip is I don't think a
    schematic will help you. Better to have a TV technician check and
    repair it.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day