Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA TV F31700GG/CTC169JS6 degauss question

rscottdrysdale

Jan 26, 2009
i was taking out the trash at the apartment today, and what do i see sitting next to the dumpster but this big ol' RCA TV, with remote and power cable sitting on top.

i humped it back to my place, let it sit a few hours to warm up, plugged it in, and lo - it works. appears to be the same menus (maybe same chassis?) as my (former) proscan 27153, only bigger and HEAVIER.

the only problem i saw/heard was it looks like it could use a good degauss - purple in this corner, pink in that.

took the back off, and the degauss coil is disconnected. i can't for the life of me find the jack it plugs in to. i'm also assuming something's funky in degauss land for it have been left unplugged...

so where does the degauss harness (white connector, female, two pins, keyed) plug in?

i have long hair & a long beard now, so i'm not getting too close to things (let alone touching anything) till tomorrow night! my navy ew tech super powers are a little rusty.

rscottdrysdale

Jan 26, 2009
found it

i couldn't wait - figured it had dischared enough to get close (but still not to touch).

found the pins, plugged in the harness. buttoned it back up. powered up, color blobs are gone, seems fine!

and yes, my old proscan was also a CTC169 chassis.