Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA Jack placement XM radio

plantsower

Dec 9, 2013
I am not an electroncis person, so please be easy on me. :)

I have an XM radio dock that I need to be plugged into my Philips radio. My radio only has one auxiliary input and an earphone input which I won't be using. I just want to know if this RCA cable will work by using only one auxillary input. I was reading up on them and there was talk about right and left.....Not helpful with one input.

I used to have a big Sony stereo and I think I used both jacks. Not sure. But this little radio is different. I'm not sure my XM radio is even working any longer so I wanted to get it right.

Thanks for your help.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Fires thing is that on the radio, the earphone is an output, not an input. Based on that, I'm not sure if the aux input you refer to is an input (possible) or an output (likely??).

In any case, you'll have to connect an output from your radio to an input on your dock.

Perhaps you could post images of the sockets on each, clear enough so we can read what is written near them.

plantsower

Dec 9, 2013
RCA Jack

I guess I didn't make that clear. The RCA Jack goes from the XM radio to the stereo. After plugging it into the XM radio, I have a red jack and a white jack left over that has to go into my stereo. I don't have two places to plug them in, just one auxiliary hole for lack of a better term. I just wonder if it matters if one just dangles there since there is no place for it.

Thanks.