Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA DLP TV issue, help!

Starsong07

Nov 24, 2011
My TV was working fine when I turned it off last night, then this evening, I tried turning it on and I can see all the menus and channel data and everything, and I get sound from all my input sources, but no video. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables in the back, and all my components are obviously working (they're sending sound out and they can't ALL be bad, there's the cable box, the DVD player, and the Wii), but there's still no picture from any of them. I can't afford a new TV, but if someone can tell me what part it needs, I can get it fixed.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Starsong07 Welcome to the forum.
Have you checked all the connections ? i would think you have, no video signal from nothing not even peripheral equipment.
Does your TV use a scart socket and lead from the TV for its input output sources.

Ive not long fixed a scart socket with an intermittent fault, it may not be this, but this is not the first time ive also lost visual display of a TV this is the second time its happened to me.
On both occasions i look closely at the scart socket to pcb solder joints and found some of them had bad joints, i could see with a magnifier glass the gap around more than one susspect solder joint, in my case i re tinned all the joints on both sets, one TV was my sons for his P Station, the other was our TV a couple of years ago.

If your TV does support scart connections, have you more than one socket, some sets do, if yes try the other socket, beyond this i am not totally sure, but a clue is no video, not even from connected extended equipment, so not just a tunner problem. :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
how does it get its TV (NOT Video) signal? internal tuner or external STB ?
yoou have only mentioned external video soources
does it have a internal tuner ? does it work on TV stations ? or is it just a monitor only ?

Dave

Last edited:

sheldonstv

Jul 17, 2007
fault may be due to a software issue.....make and model and it will be probably a simple fix