Connect with us

RC Servo Analog Control

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by Croboy, Feb 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Croboy

Croboy

Feb 16, 2013
    Halo people! I am very new on this forum. So without more ado this is my story:

I started a school project month ago. It 's about animatronic hand witch I had seen on youtube. It was all digital and complicated with mircochips and stuff.
    I decided to make it parcticly "easyer" and to go analog way.

First I found out on some sides PWM controller with 555 timer. It was quite simple control over potenciometer.
    I bought all the stuff and ordered 5 Modelcraft RS-2 Servos. Tryed 4 PWM analog circuits and nothing.

Servo acts same with, and without signal wire. Now I am quiet despreate and I need help.

BIG THANKS! (and sorry for bad english)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    Hi :)
    You need to post circuit diagrams and good quality photographs showing fine detail of both sides of all circuit boards.

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    So you can't get your servos to work with the 555?

You need to show us the schematic(s) you've tried.

Preferably also show us a photo of one that is built up and (not) working.

Have you even built a 555 circuit that worked? (i.e. what experience do you have?)

4. Croboy

Croboy

Feb 16, 2013
  5. Croboy

Croboy

Feb 16, 2013

Few years ago I was making LED diode oscilator (It worked fine). I wasn't take photos from boards but I can make it on test board. I 'll make a video tomorrow.

6. Croboy

Croboy

Feb 16, 2013
    I forgot to say: If anybody had expirience with Modelcraft RS-2 let me know.

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    try placing a 1k resistor (anything between 560 ohms and maybe 10k will be fine) between the transistor's emitter and ground.

I've not played with servos, but if this one doesn't have something to pull the input down, the transistor will not produce the waveform that the servo requires.

8. Croboy

Croboy

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks for advice... It doesnt work again. I think maybe can be connection problem with testing panel... I ll get new PCB on 1. March and start over again.

If that does not work again then it can probably be problem with Modelcraft RS-2. :mad:

THANK YOU ALL!

Ask a Question