Maker Pro

RC - Long range

Lunes

Oct 2, 2018
Hello, I want to drive my RC car long range like this
but my RC car can only reach ~ 200 m.

I came by this video
a RC plane with a modem on with 4G

I wounder, is a 4G modem/phone solution my best option? Since I will use a car, I need to have 100% contact with it at all time, and I need the live stream (FPV) to be clear without any lag or glitch

I read that radio frequencies works best in open air without anything blocking it, while 4G doesn’t work at to high altitude, but will work anywhere with connection to internet through satellite on ground. My car will be on the ground, but there will be many things blocking in between the car and the remote control

So, what’s my best solution on this one? I read about something called Dragon Link (used by the dude in the first video, link: http://www.dragonlinkrc.com/) which maybe is another option, but maybe not a better option than 4G?

Last edited:

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
the Dragon link setup is good for about 7 miles ground track ... but the price tag is abusive.
FrSky offers the R9M at a reasonable price for their taranis TX line ... You could do with less, far less. You'll tank your batteries before you reach the end of the rope offered by any decent 2.4 control system.

Your video package probably should not be a cellphone hack. In a real time FPV scenario, latency isn't just annoying, its expensive. The crash happened before you saw anything to react to.
5.8Ghz is low latency and sufficient for most air or ground vehicles.

Last edited: