Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rc car: rf tx to rx

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017
I attached, what i think is, an circuit drawing, (I made it), for an rc car tx (including encoder etc), to rx (including decoder etc). My questions are, first: if 2 axis joysticks are used for the throttle, (which i am pretty sure they are), then where do you wire them to the encoder?; second question: where does one connect the brushless esc to the decoder?

I hope these questions make sense:D!

also feel free to correct my circuit if it is wrong :D

Thank you in advance for the answers!:):D:cool:

Attachments

• rf tx to rx.jpg
    rf tx to rx.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The HT12E and HT12D arte not used to control a radio controlled car. instead they send an address and some data to open a garage door or in a burglar alarm system.

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017
The HT12E and HT12D arte not used to control a radio controlled car.

as you can see in my diagram the {Dout} pin is connected to the tx

as far as I have read, all of the data sent to the encoder is sent out of the {Dout} pin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Is the data from the HT12x modulated in any way? If not, what do you plan to use to achieve this?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
You cannot control the speed of a motor speed controller (ESC) by feeding binary numbers to it.
An ESC uses a variable width (PWM) 50Hz pulse from 1ms to 2ms. The variable width pulses can also be used to control the position of an RC servo.

The inputs to the HT12E are supposed to be binary on-off logic, not the variable resistances from the joystick pots.

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017
You cannot control the speed of a motor speed controller (ESC) by feeding binary numbers to it.
An ESC uses a variable width (PWM) 50Hz pulse from 1ms to 2ms. The variable width pulses can also be used to control the position of an RC servo.

The inputs to the HT12E are supposed to be binary on-off logic, not the variable resistances from the joystick pots.

Is the data from the HT12x modulated in any way? If not, what do you plan to use to achieve this?

@kellys_eye I plan to use a brushless motor, so i will use pwm.

@Audioguru are you saying that I can't use HT12E and HT12D to accomplish pwm?
if not then what encoder, decoder, should I use

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
My radio controlled transmitter and receivers use servos and a brushless ESC. I bought them already assembled from a local hobby store. I do not know which encoder and decoder they use.

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017
My radio controlled transmitter and receivers use servos and a brushless ESC. I bought them already assembled from a local hobby store. I do not know which encoder and decoder they use.

yeah I am sure brushless motors/escs use other en-[de]-coders

I am still trying to figure out which en-[de]-coders to use

I could use arduino but then it seems like I would have to use a Bluetooth capable device (i.e. ios, android, etc); and the problem with that is that Bluetooth drains said devices like none other

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017
I could use arduino but then it seems like I would have to use a Bluetooth capable device (i.e. ios, android, etc); and the problem with that is that Bluetooth drains said devices like none other

I wonder if their is some way to control the arduino via bluetooth; without using the said devices
#brainstorming:D:D:D:D

Ben King

Apr 4, 2017

would you be willing to check :D:D:D
If not totally fine; you don't have to, at all!