Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RC Car circuit help

ajk0123

Aug 21, 2011
hello, im actually a CS student trying to control a RC car via parallel port. Im having a little problem with the understanding of the circuit. The car board has two soldered wires going to VCC from positive terminal of battery and GND from negative terminal of battery. Im connecting a ground pin from parallel port to the GND of car board and then I connect a +5V wire from parallel port to one of the buttons on car board to complete the circuit. Battery is already present in the car remote. When I set my parallel port to +5V the car stops and when I set it it 0V the car starts moving.... What is actually happening here?

Last edited:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
RC car

Hi there. ive done some RC stuff in the past, but a parallel port surgests a PC or lap top, + ive not built to many digital cicuits but it sounds like digital logic control, but not as your expecting it to happen, wired wrong some where ? the majority of the stuff i play about with is anolouge, i dont build many logic circuits, prehaps another member can guide you further, good luck with the project. Dave.