Connect with us

rat trap circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by in06khattab, Oct 31, 2010.

1. in06khattab

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
    Hi,
    This is a rat trap, so when the rat hits a microswitch on the base of the trap, a solenoid retracts and the door falls down resulting in the rat being trapped. There should be a winch mechanism that will open the door. When turned on, the motor turns and a door lifts upwards, till it hits the top where there is a microswitch otherwise the motor will keep turning and may break the door. This stops the motor from turning. There will then be a reset switch so the rat trap will be used again, as this is part of the specification. When the reset switch is pressed, the solenoid retracts back into its original position and the motor will reverse for about 5 seconds (555 monostable 1.1 x 1M ohm x 5uF = 5.5s ), so when the trap is activated again, the door can fall down easily, instead of getting stuck by the motor.
    Please help me as best u can!!
    Ahmad

Attached Files:

2. ayush

ayush

Oct 31, 2010
    lol..i have lots of mice in my home but never thought to catch them using circuits.

I think, that if it uses microswitch to trigger the mousetrap, it's as good as the cheap mechanical ones, but, with added complexity of electronics involved.
    Instead, I would suggest using an optical sensor to trigger the trap.
    The optical sensor would be placed such that if mouse enters the trap, it will block some of the light going to photodetector and the trap would activate. This will also make use of electronics more sensible.

Trust me, no mouse on earth would be prepared for this kind of trap. :)

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    PLEASE do not post the same thread in every topic it is extremely annoying!!

Dave

4. in06khattab

in06khattab

Oct 6, 2010
    sorry, please forgive me

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You get one free pass. This is it. I forgive you.

But DONT do it again or you will see me at my grumpiest.

Ask a Question