Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rain sensor alarm

boblalux

Aug 15, 2016
I have just purchased a Rain sensor from Arduino, and it works a dream!
Question: I would like to separate the elctronics/buzzer from the sensor, so that the sensor is outside, and the elctronics/buzzer inside. Is there anyway I can add a wireless link?
Thanks
Bob

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Yes. Put the sensor on the outside of a waterproof plastic enclosure, with the sensor electronics, wireless transmitter, and battery inside. Make sure to seal the hole where the wires go outside to the sensor. Note that you will have to change the battery every few days or weeks, depending on the static current of the sensor electronics and the transmitter. A fully integrated design would keep the transmitter off until the sensor detects rain, but that is a more complex design.

ak

boblalux

Aug 15, 2016
Sunysky: Thanks, I will try to understand the gadget on Amazon, problem coumld be the large differebnce between the voltages necessary for the 2 units.

AnalogKid: As you will see from the link, the problem is that the electronics and buzzer are all on same board, What I need is the sensor and its electronics + transmitter outside, the buzzer and its electronics and batteries inside the house.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
The board above the box and the board wired into the box are not the same. The odds are that the beeper has an oscillator circuit built in, but it might be driven by an oscillator on board. Any way to sketch an approximate schematic, or provide higher resolution images of both sides?

ak

boblalux

Aug 15, 2016
The board above the box and the board wired into the box are not the same. The odds are that the beeper has an oscillator circuit built in, but it might be driven by an oscillator on board. Any way to sketch an approximate schematic, or provide higher resolution images of both sides?

ak[/QUOTe

Have just updated the link - http://www.bobscardmodels.altervista.org/page5.htm - perhaps you can see more now?
Bob