Connect with us

Radio signal to AC power to DC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by only1deviouis, Jan 5, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. only1deviouis

only1deviouis

Jan 5, 2013
    okay heres my idea

if you attach a diode to an antenna it is receiving radio waves/ac power and converts it to dc current
    now it is very small current, but wouldnt a transformer turn it into higher volts? with a combination of transistors, couldn't we use this energy?

2. only1deviouis

only1deviouis

Jan 5, 2013
    Also remember there is radio waves all around us, its a matter of converting it fast enough to power what ever.
    all my ideas come from trying to replicate teslas invention by the way.if you figure something out, please let me know.

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Upping the voltage does not up the power. It is the power that is important when trying to use the energy.

On the other hand, look up "energy havesting." This is a technology for capturing small amounts of power and then using them in a burst infrequently. For instance, you might gather energy for 24 hours then use it all in a fraction of a second to transmit data from a sensor across a radio link.

Bob

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    and further to what BobK said

the signal strengths of those radio signals are absolutely tiny, just micro Volts (uV)
    and the transistors in your circuit, how do you plan to power them ??
    It wont be from the received signal .... not enough power for that

Dave

5. only1deviouis

only1deviouis

Jan 5, 2013
    thank you both!

Ask a Question