Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Radio Shack score

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I got lucky. I happened to see that the store here was closing. The following day I went and spent $30. The next day I went and spent $68. Two days later I spent $20. Check your store and see if they have closed yet. They might do the $10 bag thing there. I counted my resistor loot and got 121 packs of 1/8 to 1/2 watt. 15 packs of wire wounds. Speaking of Arduino stuffs, I scored 16 shields; ethernet, motor, tft touch, sd card, and a parallax homework board.

It's really sad that they have made some bad decisions in the past which led to the demise of some of their stores. But at least they didn't shut down all of them. I can still drive 30 mins and shop at one.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I thought about selling some of them but then I thought about those IoT articles. It would be cool to have these laying around for some IoT projects.

FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Feb 26, 2015
^^ This makes me sad. I can't hit myself for not picking any up though because someone (you) already beat me to it when I went to the closeout sale.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for the heads-up on this. While none of the Radio Shacks in the city near me closed, I checked the flea markets over the weekend and found a guy who dumpster dived about a grand worth of components from the one
near him, that I traded him $40 for. Apparently some of the employees were upset, and just discarded inventory, rather than wasting their time discounting it.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for the heads-up on this. While none of the Radio Shacks in the city near me closed, I checked the flea markets over the weekend and found a guy who dumpster dived about a grand worth of components from the one
near him, that I traded him $40 for. Apparently some of the employees were upset, and just discarded inventory, rather than wasting their time discounting it.

Which is probably why they did the $10 bag thing at our local RS. Wanted to shut it down quick.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
<sigh> We have three Radio Shack stores still open in the Dayton OH area. The one closest to my house shut down without any notice and the inventory was apparently distributed to the remaining three stores. The next closest store is six or seven miles away in Kettering OH, but there are no bargains there. I visited there last week and noticed five or six employees standing around but only two or three customers (including me) in the store. I asked why they had so many employees there, and someone said they came from the stores that had closed. A few weeks ago I made a trip north of town to a Radio Shack near the intersection of I-70 and I-75, about ten or twelve miles from where I live. Not much there, so I probably won't go back. Haven't had an opportunity to visit the last remaining store in this area, but I am prepared to be disappointed if I do. Congratulations @bigone5500! I am sooo jealous.