Connect with us

Radio shack kits

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tj107us, Mar 15, 2015.

1. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
    Hey guys,
    Today I went to Radio Shack and they were selling everything in store for 80% off, so I got a butt load of electronic components. I also bought the Make:it kits 1 and 2. Just wondering if I should open them or save them for a collector's item. They have the Radio Shack's logo on them. Just wanted to ask you guys what I should do!! On one hand I'm itching to open them and play with all the goodys, but on the other hand if they will be worth money in the years down the road then I want to save them!!

thanks any help!!
    tj

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    whatever you like :)
    personally, I would be enjoying the purchases

3. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    Well, you should have bought twice as many, opened up half of them and kept half of them. No such luck in England, Maplins are tight souless machines, that continue to slowly increase the price of components.

4. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
    thanks guys, I guess i'll just open them up and enjoy playing with all the goodies!! :D

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    woohooo :)

Yeah I heard ratshack were closing down across the USA ( tho not all stores)
    those that have been are getting rid of stuff at give away prices

Another forum member was also having a purchasing Christmas time ;)
    have a look at his thread ....
    https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/radio-shack-score.272826/

cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  6. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    How I hate Maplins

Ask a Question