Connect with us

Radio Reciever Circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by cjdelphi, Jan 25, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    Hmmmm, i came across a circuit, i'd like to build it with my daughter, no problem, i thought i'd build it with components i already have..

Ic1 = 4007???????

Can't be, i'm thinking of a substitute, lm386 or a couple of dual opamps to get the 4th amplified state...

Although, i think a 2 stage amplifier will be enough anyway...

Attached Files:

2. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    Better image of the circuit, it's a 12yr old electronics book!

Attached Files:

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    there are dozens of crystal set radios with LM386 audio amp circuits on google
    and a hell of a lot easier to build that that circuit above

4. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah it is, but not really the point...

4007ic was it used? I thought it was an inverter ic (not opamp)

5. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    It's just a junk circuit with almost not output.

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    It is an inverter. It is being biased into the linear region by the feedback resistor. Similar to the first stage, which is a transistor with a resistor from the collector to the base.

Bob

7. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Fortunately, not every circuit that isn't oh-my-god-wowzer is junk. Something well known in the 70's but mostly lost today is that first generation CMOS gates, called unbuffered, were the original CMOS amplifiers. An unbuffered CMOS inverter is a high gain, not-all-that-great-bandwidth, above average crossover distortion, inverting amplifier.that naturally settles in at something near Vcc/2.

ak

Ask a Question