Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RADIO FREQUENCY JAMMER

StuPendus

Dec 29, 2010
Hi all, hope someone can help me.

I live near an open field where the community play sport and use it to exercise and run their dogs, etc. However of late an inconsiderate person has decided to use it to fly their electronic radio controlled aircraft. This is extremely noisy, however because of the sun issues, they have to fly it over my and my neighbours' houses. They will not stop from doing this.

My question is, can I buy a commercial type jamming device that I can purchase on line or find out where I can buy one please?
As I have no electronic knowledge of how to build one any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone and hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.
Unfortunately because of this disrespectful person, I doubt I will be.

Thanks again
Cheers
Stu

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
have you spoken to the person ?
have you spoken to the local Town/city council and registered a formal complaint ?

definately 2 avenues that MUST be explored before the harsh approach :)

for a jammer to work, you would have to know what freq they are working on
radio control gear is spread across a number of different freqs....

27MHz; 36MHz; 2400MHz

cheers
Dave

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
And they're also potentially illegal*.

It would be a worse holiday season if you ended up with a large fine (and he kept buzzing your house).

Talk to him. Tell him that you are concerned about noise, but also safety aspects of him flying close to/over your house.

You might also do some research and see if there is a model aircraft club located anywhere near you. Perhaps they can suggest an appropriate place to fly models and you could pass it on to him.

If that fails, you should complain both due to noise, but also safety issues. People flying model aircraft should preferably do so where they can't hit people if they lose control.

* In many parts of the world.

StuPendus

Dec 29, 2010
Hi all
Yes talked to them and that only infuriated them as if I'm the one who is to blame for asking them to stop their love of their hobby. There are two of them but the usually come at different times of the day. Usually between 3 or 4 hours daily of the racket, but the 28th was a monster 8 hours on and off. They dictate when we can use our back yard. Talking does no good. It's been going on for a couple of months now.

But here's the catch, they don't live in my council area because theirs ban them.
Mine does cause all they have to do is to purchase a permit and get liability insurance. Bugger me if that doesn't beat all. Safety isn't in their vocabulary. One even hid the last time the police were called so he must have something to hide.

The police have been called several times and they can only get them to stop using the very noisy ones before 10 am on a Sunday.

They have no regards for someone els's peace of mind.

Last edited:

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
hey stupendus , how do you know that the control frequency is in RF range and not in any other frequency range ??

i had one of those things which operates at 25 mhz , i took the transmitter apart , and the only thing understandable is the 25mhz crystal , and some amplitude shift keying modulation procedure (or so i think) carried on by an IC , and the control switches selecting different capacitor values fed to the IC , it looks like the modulation is digital , and so is pretty much immune to noise , also the bandwidth of the signal must be small , since the information transmitted is just an on/off signal

Judging by all these factors , i think that jamming the signal is not possible , all you can do is maybe transmit some random control signal and crash it
maybe ??

But that's dangerous !!

If i were you i would just throw a stone at it :D

Last edited:

scott4957

Dec 30, 2010
You should take up the hobbie of model rocketry! Its not your fault if one of them gets shot down! :D

Though I don't think jamming is the best way to take care of this problem, the first step has to be to determine what frequency they are on. If they are using older analoge gear in the 72mhz range, simply buying a similar radio and the matching crystal for it would be enough to take over or disrupt control of the plane.

It seems they are not breaking any laws, but you would be if you jammed them. I'm sure you can figure out a better way to put an end to your problem, though I can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do.

Scott

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hey stupendus , how do you know that the control frequency is in RF range and not in any other frequency range ??

huh ???? that was a really offbeat comment
well it aint gonna be ultra sonics or a laser controlled remote controlled model on anything over a couple of metres range.

so of course its gonna be an RF signal remote control :)

Dave

Last edited:

wr367

Dec 31, 2010
Tether balloons around your property with a light cable/wire. A screen of sorts. Pellet/BB gun? I like the rocket idea best.