Connect with us

Radar emitting device

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Hollisatp1, Jul 22, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hollisatp1

Hollisatp1

Jul 22, 2013
    Hey all I am new here! I am working on a project and found this forum off the web. Jam trying to make a small radar emitting device. Small enough to fork the palm of your hand. This device could be powered by either lithium battery or hard word to operate. I would need a range of approximately 300 feet. Can anyone help me out with either finding something that is already in existence or to make one?? Thanks in advance all!!

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi
    welcome to the forums

???

tell us more about your project and what exactly are your goals

Dave

3. Hollisatp1

Hollisatp1

Jul 22, 2013
    I want to make something that can detect another device traveling towards me. The device needs to read and emit radar.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well you have a choice of ultrasonics to may be limited in distance prob ~ 50 ft

otherwise you have the laser or radio options. This will not be a simple project
    what are your electronics skills ? you will need VERY GOOD skills
    do you know anything about radio or laser transmission or reception ?

have you looked for any budget commercial units ?
    Kmart in the USA, Australia and New Zealand were some time back were selling a 10GHz hand held 10GHz radar gun

Dave

Ask a Question