Connect with us

R.F filter for telephone

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tzitzikas, Sep 26, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tzitzikas

tzitzikas

May 9, 2010
    hi i am radio amateur at 160m. the problem is that when i operate my transmitter the transmitter create interference to the telephone.
    i am thinking to put a circuit at telephon's line. My first thought is to put capacitors (10nf) which will ground the r.f. signal what do you think about this. Do you have any better proposition? some one tell me to put one adsl filter.

2. Militoy

Militoy

Aug 24, 2010
    The cap will probably help - Center frequency on 160m is 1.9 MHz - so the reactance of a 10nF cap at that f would be 8.38 ohms - enough to damp a 600 ohm line of RFI fairly well. You might consider building a full trap though - adding a parallel inductor to sharply notch out interference throughout the full 160m band.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    You may even find 2-3 turns of the phone cable through a clamp-on ferrite core
    will do the trick. place the core on the cable right where it enters the phone

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question