Connect with us

Quooker PCB short circuited

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Tahirawan11, Jan 14, 2022.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Tahirawan11

Tahirawan11

Jan 14, 2022
    Hi,

I have a quooker water heater in my kitchen. I was on holiday last month. When I came back I found that the water heater is not working. On inspecting, I found that water has leaked from the tank and caused a short circuit in the PCB. I would like to know how can I perform troubleshooting to identify the failed components and then if it can be repaired? See pictures for details

I can turn ON the quooker and it seems to work but after some time the LED flashed 4 times which indicates an error in the PCB

I am a newbie in electronics and only have a multimeter to do any diagnosis.

thanks in advance IMG_5571.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    New parts to the damaged area.
    Not a lot one can do with what you have there as far as I can see.

3. Tahirawan11

Tahirawan11

Jan 14, 2022
    Thanks but how can i check which components of PCB (relays, resistors etc) are blown ? First i was thinking there must be a fuse that is blown in case of short circuit but i dont find any in the board

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    What makes you think there is anything blown on the control board?
    From the looks of it , it's been a bad connection on a high current load that has taken out a connector.
    That in turn appears to be driven via a relay (output drive is isolated from the other pcb coponents) so my guess would be, board is more likely than not, ok.

5. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Light reflections are letting me see that . . . . .That board seems to have a good sprayed on conformal coating except possibly / likely directly UNDER the IC's and relays. A drop of water hiding there can take days to evaporate internalward.
    If my situation, I would be warming up my oven to 250 and taking that board and submerging its bottom inch into a tray of 70% iso alcohol . . .or vodka.
    Then do a heavy and forceful swishing around in it.
    Then you transfer it to that warmed up oven to do two or so d e e e e e e p drying cycles after the oven is turned off.
    When you repeat the heat again after chill down.

6. Tahirawan11

Tahirawan11

Jan 14, 2022
    Thanks for the reply and i will give it a try and by the way do you know the name of the the horseshoe connector? I could not find it on the market

7. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    They (both plug and socket) will be oem parts.

Ask a Question