Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Quick fix for Battery door on Nikon Coolpix L11

Steve H

Sep 27, 2013
Why replace the battery door when your latch breaks. Just go down to the hardware store and buy a Socket screw and a roll of pipe strap if you do not have any laying around. These are also known as Allen head and use a hex Allen wrench to tighten down. The Allen head also makes it easier to grab and unscrew to change the battery by just using your fingers tips to loosen. Just find a screw that will fit in the camera tripod. You will not find a screw short enough, so you will have to cut off part of the threads to make it screw all the way down. I bought a Socket screw 1/4" -20 threads per inch X 1/2" length, then cut off half of the threads to make it fit in the camera's tripod mount. Take the bendable strap and cut it 1 1/8" long, enough to fit over to the battery door and 3/4" wide. Round off any sharp edges after cutting it to size. If your strap does not already have a holes in it, drill one so the screw can pass through. I already had a roll of strapping, so I just needed to buy the Socket screw. My cost was about a 50 cents to fix the problem of the door not staying closed because of a broken latch. Cheers and hope this helps you.

Attachments

• Camera fix.JPG
    Camera fix.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 341
  • NK 1A.JPG
    NK 1A.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 586
  • NK 2A.JPG
    NK 2A.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 301
  • NK 3A.JPG
    NK 3A.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

cesarmor

Mar 6, 2021
Why replace the battery door when your latch breaks. Just go down to the hardware store and buy a Socket screw and a roll of pipe strap if you do not have any laying around. These are also known as Allen head and use a hex Allen wrench to tighten down. The Allen head also makes it easier to grab and unscrew to change the battery by just using your fingers tips to loosen. Just find a screw that will fit in the camera tripod. You will not find a screw short enough, so you will have to cut off part of the threads to make it screw all the way down. I bought a Socket screw 1/4" -20 threads per inch X 1/2" length, then cut off half of the threads to make it fit in the camera's tripod mount. Take the bendable strap and cut it 1 1/8" long, enough to fit over to the battery door and 3/4" wide. Round off any sharp edges after cutting it to size. If your strap does not already have a holes in it, drill one so the screw can pass through. I already had a roll of strapping, so I just needed to buy the Socket screw. My cost was about a 50 cents to fix the problem of the door not staying closed because of a broken latch. Cheers and hope this helps you.

My .03 cent solution (works for about 10 open close and then I have to spend another .03 cent

Attachments

• P1050359.JPG
    P1050359.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator: