Connect with us

Questions board with SMD components

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by gamer87, Mar 12, 2019.

1. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    electronic boards without electrolytic capacitors but with SMD components need to be used sometimes?
    Having trouble keeping this card unused for many years?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    If I understand you correctly, No.

The board itself should work fine regardless of how long it has been left unused. Although the memory storage may only be good for a few years.

I will say you could have trouble using this board if you continue to place it on the carpet where static electricity can wreak irrevocable damage.

davenn and gamer87 like this.
  3. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    flash memory needs power usage to not erase the data? if this board go many years without being used the moisture will oxidize? at most how many days without using this plate for moisture does not create oxidation?

4. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    No external power backup is needed for flash memory cards like TF or SD cards.

I can't give an accurate answer about corrosion and oxidation because it depends on the environment. If the board is coated with a monolithic coating or varnish, that will greatly help protect it.
    If its in a damp location next to the ocean, it's not going to last long before corrosion sets in.

Best advice is to just store it in a sealed static free bag and store it in a dry and preferably cool location.
    The board may outlive both of us.

5. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    What would be a cool dry place? Can you put the board inside the cardboard box closed?

6. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Yes, similarly to how it came from the store or factory.

Ask a Question