Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question

lasermike26

Sep 25, 2015
Just need a little help here. I know very little about electronics. I have a treadmill that was moved from one residence to another and now will not work. When turned on you can hear motors engage but the screen will not turn on. I pulled a cover off to see if something may have become disconnected from one set of basement stairs to another. I noticed 5 metal prongs on a board that looked like something plugs into it. I cannot find any wiring connectors not attached to anything so I am assuming it may be some kind of jumper. You can see the prongs in the center of the attached picture. Any help is appreciated and sorry for the lack of knowledge.
etlyL1vevqH6FzJ1ZXSHmJedLvoQg9TVy-rxTlVvG50%2CP3Dj_zaYrEGhXfmpHCc52C3Yd2hFD4HCUaGQ59Gc2uM

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Just need a little help here. I know very little about electronics. I have a treadmill that was moved from one residence to another and now will not work. When turned on you can hear motors engage but the screen will not turn on. I pulled a cover off to see if something may have become disconnected from one set of basement stairs to another. I noticed 5 metal prongs on a board that looked like something plugs into it. I cannot find any wiring connectors not attached to anything so I am assuming it may be some kind of jumper. You can see the prongs in the center of the attached picture. Any help is appreciated and sorry for the lack of knowledge.
etlyL1vevqH6FzJ1ZXSHmJedLvoQg9TVy-rxTlVvG50%2CP3Dj_zaYrEGhXfmpHCc52C3Yd2hFD4HCUaGQ59Gc2uM
Image is broken.
It's not uncommon for unpopulated sockets, or headers to be present on a board. They are usually used for maintenance or during manufacturing. If nothing is hanging loose that matches these pins, that's most likely the case.
Check to make sure wiring is secure, pay close attention to wires that may pass through or near by any moving parts. While you are in there, it wont hurt to check fuses.