Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question slot card SD in devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
In the SD and microSD card slots I notice that in the SD card slot when you insert a card it has a lock to release it presses the card down again and it releases already in the microsd just insert, the doubt for these two cases, if I keep these cards inserted in the slots of some electronic device stored in the long term will this cause any defect and wear or not?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Yes. Everything must be stripped down to discrete component level. Screws removed, components desoldered, batteries separated into their constituent chemicals. Each component must be stored in its own air tight container, packed with mountains of silica gel, and deposited in the deepest ocean trench.

It is the only way to be sure besides nuking it from orbit.

I keep wondering, where are you going for so long and how will you travel at the speed of light so that you outlast all these highly perishable electronic widgets that you keep buying, despite having no way to store them?

Better question is WHEN are you going? Soon I hope? ;)

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
Do I have this video game cartridge if I store it for a long time and will the inserted card damage the slot and lock it?
fe32f295c2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.