Connect with us

Question nylon 6.6

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by gamer87, Apr 13, 2019.

1. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    nylon 6.6 clamp is good and durable or not? I'm going to use in electronics tv crt, is it strong or weak in moisture, heat and uv?

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    That would depend entirely on whatever a " nylon 6.6 clamp" actually is, and what you intend to do with it.
    Perhaps look for a spec sheet on the product.:rolleyes:

3. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
    I'm going to use CRT TV but is Nylon 6.6 good and durable or not? resists temperature, humidity and UV?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    As @Bluejets said .....

so, @gamer87 how about a link to the product so we know what you are talking about

5. gamer87

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
  6. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    yes, well, not much good with foreign languages but..............
    Cable tie normally black required for uv protection.
    Heat resistance, probably non-existent.
    Humidity, being a plastic product probably ok.
    Durable, depends on quality and price. I've seen a lot of cable ties that simply let go when a bit of pressure exerted on them.
    Thomas and Betts use a metal locking clip that works.( attachment)

Attached Files:

• Tb.jpg
      Tb.jpg
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

OK so a cable tie, better known as a zip tie. ya could have just said that ;) ;)
    get reasonable brand name

The company I work for uses 1000's of them in the field zip tying cables to earthworking machines..... graders, dozers, excavators etc
    they all last well under the horrible Australian sun which is full of UV

heat resistance is essential

8. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir gamer87 . . . . .

Of all of my Tee Wee's and monitors that I have had for the last 40 years, that were CRT based , I have always encountered a metal clamp.
    On the clamped on convergence units it was being a bare metal band.
    On the deflection yoke it was a vinyl covered metal clamp.
    I cant see a cable tie poperly doing the task required.
    Check a service place for a donor clamp from some to be . . . or . . .discarded clunker.
    The clamps come off easily, but the convergence assemblies are really, REALLY-REALLY STUCK in place very HARD, after experiencing years of heat and pressure.
    Same is true of the deflection yoke, but its LARGE physical size gives some mechanical leverage and handling area.

ILLUSTRATION . . . . .BLUE and RED markups . . . . . .

De todos os monitores da minha Tee Wee, sempre encontrei uma braçadeira de metal.
    No clamped na convergência, era uma banda de metal nua.
    No garfo de deflexão, era uma braçadeira de metal revestida de vinil.
    Eu não consigo ver uma braçadeira de cabo, fazendo a tarefa necessária.
    Verifique um local de serviço para um grampo doador de alguns para ser. . . ou. . clunker .discardido.
    Os grampos soltam-se realmente, REALMENTE REALMENTE COLOCADOS no lugar muito duro, depois de experimentar anos de calor e pressão.
    O mesmo acontece com o garfo de deflexão, mas seu tamanho físico GRANDE é uma área de alavancagem e manuseio mecânico.

ILUSTRAÇÃO . . . Marcações .AZUL e ROJA. . . . . .

upload_2019-4-14_4-11-14.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee.
    The only trouble was, she was coming home.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    It's a piece of plastic.
    Don't think it would stand too much heat.
    Then again are we talking "sunshine" or "exhaust" temperatures.
    Nothing was made clear in that respect.
    If one wants really good exhaust gasses type temperature resistance then go for the stainless ties.

Attached Files:

10. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    not all of them and specially the ones we use are "just a piece of plastic!!

Our ones have to because of ........

and metal body work of equip that you can fry eggs on it's so freekin hot ... most plastics break down quite quickly in Aussie sun
    with the temp's and UV

The point I am making to the OP is that if he needs good zip ties, they are out there, just make sure he checks the spec's

Ask a Question