Maker Pro

Question evaporate acids and corrosion electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
If you have acidic fumes in the room air then yes, they can cause corrosion. They won't do your lungs any good either!

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
What are the two acids I mentioned, the hydrochloric used for bathroom cleaning and the 70% tca used on the skin, using them and leaving the bottles open for minutes generates acid vapors contaminating the entire environment and running circuit boards?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Any agressive chemicals should be used in well vented rooms only. Usually this is stated in the chemical's instructuions.
As @Alec_t mentioned, a high concentration of chemical vapors will put your health in danger much earlier than your PCBs.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
My room does not have a window, but there is little air in it, not much wind in it, is any air flow even minimal enough to combat acid vapor?
my room is not hermetic

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Air flow alone is insufficient if there is no fresh air to replace the stale or contaminated old air.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
I believe dry air comes in because if any food is prepared in the kitchen the smell goes into the room for a few minutes later the smell goes away is this air exchange? I want to take a test

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
In my room I have several electronic devices, if I use 70% trichloroacetic acid inside my room and if I use muriatic acid in the bathroom next to my room will these acids evaporate creating acidic air and causing corrosion on the boards of my electronic devices? any chemical engineers?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
See posts #2 and #6.
Use non-acidic cleaning agents to be safe.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
this muriatic acid and tca 70% acid vapor not dissipate before it hits the electronics?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The degree of dissipation depends on many things, including distance between source and target, temperature, ventilation, humidity.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
Is it possible for me to simple test if the dissipation here is sufficient? When this vapor reaches the electronic it is permanently on the board corroding?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
You could place a sacrificial circuit board, from some defunct gadget, close to the chemical sources, wait a month or so and then examine it for evidence of corrosion. But why not just use less aggressive cleaning materials if you are concerned about their corrosive effect?
Most people wouldn't have such concerns about normal household cleaning products.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Considering all these questions about death and decay that nobody else has to be concerned about, I am convinced you should get rid of your electronics. Too Much Work And Worry.

If these fumes are not causing you severe respiratory distress, they are not at a level remotely close to harmful to your electronics, unless you want them to outlast you, in which case they should be stored in an oxygen free, humidity controlled, enclosure devoid of light, and of course not powered on.

There is a sane limit which you have exceeded.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
It is not I who use muriatic acid but my family member and he does not change his mind so I should analyze if there are risks with evaporation of muriatic acid and trichloroacetic acid 70% at the time of use if their evaporation is strong enough to modify the air from the house and get in the electronics, I don't know how to get that answer Does this steam condense and fall on the boards and slowly erode?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
It is not I who use muriatic acid but my family member and he does not change his mind
Perhaps he could be persuaded to pay compenstion for any damage you can prove to be due to use of those chemicals.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
There is something lacking in your life to have this strange obsession with electronic degradation from common household cleaners, humidity, or other factors you have posted about previously.

You need some deep introspection about why you value mere electronic items so dearly and why you are so afraid to lose them.

It is an unhealthy obsession, that the rest of us don't face. If your environment is extreme, fix it. don't waste our time with this nonsense instead of the obvious solutions that contribute to your own, human, well being.

When you can't achieve the same things that everyone else does, it is time to stop pretending that you have some deep insight and eat some humble pie and accept that the rest of us knew what we were doing and that your only efforts should be to emulate that.

Do not waste our time on this nonsense. Instead, ask how we manage to do the things that you seem to think are so hard.

All it really takes is to stop being a troll and have a life instead of your ridiculous posts.

You are a troll. You have internet access and no evidence that the things you suggest are a problem, but you seek to take vague nonsense and try to engage people about it. That is very much a troll position, a funny !@#% troll but never the less a troll who needs to find some better use of time.

We don't live in a vacuum, and you are not some new explorer about basic things like household cleaners. Are you really this obtuse?

I vote that we ban you because you can't learn, seem to deliberately refuse to learn and just try as hard as possible to be a Black Hole of ignorance.

Literally, you can use common sense and a google search for everything you have posted about.

It seems that your agenda has no sense of self esteem like you deliberately choose this path, as if you are a government/social/etc disruptor. You can't be this deliberately obtuse, it has to have some agenda like that unless you are literally insane and then it's the same diff, no?

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Completely agree with @dave9 's last post

@gamer87 , you really do need to do some serious thinking about your goals with electronics
your obsessions etc

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.