Connect with us

Question about piezo buzzers

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by [email protected], Aug 22, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content


    I think the keyword here is that it is a buzzer. I believe it will only
    oscillate at that freq. What you need is a piezo tweeter(speaker). There
    are some with high end response up to 40Khz
  2. A buzzer makes a sound when you apply power. This thing is no different
    from the one connected to your front door button. It just needs voltage
    and it will "buzz".

    The 3.2KHz is the frequency of the buzzer.

    There is a "speaker" part in there, along with an oscillator to actually
    drive it.

    What you would seem to need is merely a speaker, that can handle a high
    enough frequency.

    They'd be called something like a piezoelectric transducer.

  3. Jasen Betts

    Jasen Betts Guest

    no it means you feed it 12VDC (or whatever the specs say)
    and it gives you approx 3200Hz.

    if you want a piezo speaker look in the loudspeakers section of the

    Most piezo speakers will respond reasonably well up to past 20Khz

  4. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

    Not necessarily. There are some piezo buzzers with integral drive
    electronics, and there are which have to be driven externally. The
    frequency which is specified for the ones which have to be driven
    externally is the resonant frequency of the piezo element and its
    housing, and that's the frequency it needs to be driven at to get
    the highest SPL out.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day