Connect with us

Question about an unknown connector I have.

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Dark Alchemist, Nov 19, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I have a connector in a piece of gear I have that I have not seen
    before. It has a jack that has the same dimensions has a banana jack
    but the jack acceptes plugs with just a center rod (no leaves like a
    banana plug) like a multimeter probe tip.

    Anyone have any ideas what this is and where I can order some (need the
    jack and the plug).

    Thanks again.
  2. Lord Garth

    Lord Garth Guest

    Micronta (Rat Shack) used to put these on their multimeters way back when.
    They are crappy connectors and I'd suggest that you replace them with a
  3. What are they even called and can they still be had? I am in to
    restoring it into its original condition and I can say its not a
    Micronta (from the looks of it no more than 5 years old too).

  4. Lord Garth

    Lord Garth Guest

    I don't know the availability of these. I believe they were 'pin jacks'
    but that could be an error.
  5. JeffM

    JeffM Guest

    I have a connector in a piece of gear I have that I have not seen
    Pin jacks are the same diameter as the business end of a standard meter probe.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day