Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question about a bluetooth headphone battery.

AlexCordero

Mar 22, 2017
Hello all,

I took apart my cheap little Bluetooth headphone because I thought I could fix it. Problem is that I left it out in the rain. I let it dry for about a day and then charged it. The speaker acknowledged that it was on and connecting. But when I removed the USB cable, the battery didn't hold a charge and just turned off.

At this point, I think that the problem is simply that the battery got wet and somehow disabled it. Now, I know NOTHING about batteries so my thought was to see where the battery was and replace it. Anyway, my question:

Does anyone know where I can find this battery? I've looked everywhere on the net that I can think of.
BATTERY: -RX60135 180mAh +3.7V HY1610
File_000.jpeg
Does anyone know if I can use an alternative?

Thanks.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Leaving it out in the rain? Nobody knew electronics weren't meant to get wet!

Get onto eBay and find a lipo battery rated at 3.7V and 180mAh. If it looks to be roughly the same shape and size as yours, buy it.

If you're lucky you haven't drowned anything else. Leave the headset indoors while waiting for the new battery, preferably not under a running tap or in a half filled bathtub.

AlexCordero

Mar 22, 2017
One more question: I don't know what the little circuit board on top of the lipo battery is. Would what I found work? I was thinking that I could just cut the wire on the battery side and swap it.

Thanks.
batteries.png

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That little board is probably battery management. If the new one doesn't have something similar (it may just be the bare battery) then you'll have to transfer it across too.

The new one may have a simpler board that only limits max charge and discharge. The older one seems more complex than that, so if there is any doubt, don't throw the old one away!

Also be VERY careful with polarity.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The model airplane batteries do not have the circuit board with a charger and/or protection circuit on it and would probably blow up and catch on fire if you tried to charge the Bluetooth headphone with an airplane battery soldered onto it. The charger and protection circuit are in the airplane that you do not have.

Maybe you can try to disconnect the circuit board from your dead battery and solder it to a new airplane battery?
The correct polarity is extremely important. Do not accidently short together the battery wires.