Connect with us

query

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dprabhakar, Aug 1, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dprabhakar

dprabhakar

Aug 1, 2013
    Hi,
    I m trying to implement LDR circuit , can I have output of 230V from if yes please give me any tip

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Sorry, you need to be much more specific.
    What kind of circuit? There are many circuits using LDRs.
    What output power do you need?
    What do you want to control by this circuit?
    What is the intended function?
    Do you have a schematic to start with?

3. dprabhakar

dprabhakar

Aug 1, 2013

I want design a automatic LDR circuit which controls lightening of a bulb or CFL which glows automatically during night & off automatically in day time

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Here is one way to do it.

Note that you would replace the "4pcs LED" with another 470 ohm resistor and a solid state relay. The solid state relay can then turn your mains powered lights on and off.

You will probably want to use something other than a battery, I would recommend a plug pack rated at between 9 and 12 volts. (for more than 10V increase the 470 ohm resistors to 680 ohms.)

This circuit has hysteresis, so it has to be quite a bit darker to turn the lights ON than it has to be to turn them off again. This prevents the lights turning on and off repeatedly when the light is dim.

Also ensure that light from the bulb cannot reach the LDR or the circuit will turn itself on and off continually during periods of darkness.

5. dprabhakar

dprabhakar

Aug 1, 2013
    K. THANK U

Ask a Question