Connect with us

PWM frequency and LC filter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ricperes, Feb 2, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ricperes

Ricperes

Jul 20, 2015
    I'm new here, I have some fairly basic doubt. I am creating a PWM signal in MatLab by comparing a sine wave (50Hz) and a triangular wave (2kHz) .... So what is the PWM frequency will output?

After getting the PWM signal filters I want to get a sinusoid, using an LC filter, but do not know what the frequency of cut should I use?

Thanks for help

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Does this help? The yellow plot shows the PWM output as 2kHz. I'm surprised MatLab can't tell you?
    SineTriangle.PNG

3. Ricperes

Ricperes

Jul 20, 2015
    I had been create a PWM signal in MatLab by comparing a sine wave (50Hz) and a triangular wave (2kHz) , my doubt is what de frequency of PWM in output? Is 2khz as the triangular wave ?

4. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    For your purpose the output PWM frequency = the triangular wave frequency = 2kHz.

Ricperes likes this.
  5. Ricperes

Ricperes

Jul 20, 2015
    So now i want to filter that pwm signal to get a sinusoidal wave. I use a LC filter, so you can explain me how i can dimension this filter?

Ask a Question